Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Concerts


Bryan and Isaiah had their first piano recital since living in Snowflake.  Isaiah did well with his short memorized piece.  Bryan was the last to play as he was most advanced and finished with a duet with the teacher.  I was proud.  Then we headed over late to the ward Christmas party and got a little bit to eat.  Bishop came over and asked Bryan to play a little dinner music.  He sat down and played “Carol of the Bells” from memory.  I didn’t even know he could.  While he was playing Sister Rosenberg came up and asked him to provide the music for their empty nesters Family Home Evening Meeting.  That was quite an honor and enjoyable evening for both of us.  He picked Chinese food and they fed him well.






I enjoyed the school music concerts earlier this month with Isaiah trying out the violin, Bryan on keyboard in jazz  band and singing in honor choir.




Sorry, it seems all of Bryan's clips are too long to upload, but oh so good...


The boys enjoyed the annual town lighting December 1st and then on the 3rd they lit up Frontier Parkway that leads up to the temple.  Bryan helped light the luminaries with the young men in our ward.  It was a nice enough night I walked up there and back and enjoyed a beautiful starry evening and at one point had the whole madrigal choir singing to myself in front of the life-size nativity in front of Brimhalls’ mansion.  The next day I felt it in my shins though.   

No comments: